Saturday, February 24, 2007

Arthur William Badden Powel - A tribute to him

Have any of you heard of the guy by the name of Arthur William Badden Powell?? Well I have and he is a wonder to my eyes. He died at the age of 86 or 85 (dunno when his birthday was) on the 1st of July in the year 1987. If he was alive today he would be 106 or 105. Will post the final details on this as soon as I know when his birthdate was ok. He is the founder of Scouts and his wife of course is the founder of Girl Guides. He was also a conology person **conology is a study of sea shells**. He named more than 1,000 different species of molusc, sub species or species. He was a marvelous person when he lived. If any of u want to know more about NZ animals that I have not told u about get out a book called Powells Native Animals of New Zealand the 4th edition or the book called Native Animals of New Zealand - edition 3. It is a must read for all ppl out there who want to learn more about New Zealands native animals and fauna as well. Well thats all I have to say about this guy. When I reccomend this book I definatly recomend it and that is my final word. If u have any friends who would luv to learn stuff about NZ animals when they are in a different country or in New Zealand this is the book for them. Wish I could have a picture of the book but I will soon do it on another part of this blog with the pics soon OK.

No comments: