Sunday, December 31, 2006

No 8 of Top 21 of NZ Animals.

Here is a profile on the top 8 of the Top 21 of NZ Animals which I did on New Years Day. Meet the Kea, the only alpine parrot of the world.


Keas are known for their clownish behaviour and thats the reason why I had to put this bird on the list, because of its cheeky behaviour. It is known for hurting sheep, pulling the rubber out of a car and of course for being the only alpine parrot of the world. It is found near the Southern Alps in the South Island of New Zealand, not the North Island of New Zealand. When my mum paints a cheeky kea, she does a magnificent job with it. Keas have a deep red color on the undersides of the wings as shown in the photo here.


I got all these photos on the internet but I know the info by knoledge. They love playing with things like gumboots and tent flaps. If you ever go to NZ you must get to see this bird, it is a must see for tourists and NZ people alike.

No comments: